Holmdel, NJ – April 12, 2017 – Safe-Com Wireless, a public safety DAS manufacturer located in Holmdel, NJ, has released it’s patentpending DASAssure™ Public Safety fiber optic Distributed Antenna System. The SAFE-1000 DASAssure™ Series is an NFPA compliant public safety Distributed Antenna System that provides coverage for first-responder radio systems within enclosed areas. The primary target market for this new mission-critical equipment is enterprise buildings such as office space, hospitals, sports arenas as well as underground areas such a parking decks. The equipment brings in life-safety radio communications signals where police, fire or emergency services do not currently receive adequate signal coverage on all 5 operating bands: VHF, UHF, 700, 800 and 900 MHz.
The SAFE-1000 DASAssure™ breaks new ground on several fronts in the challenge of providing reliable coverage for first-responders:
- Resiliency – n to 1 channel card redundancy. This feature is a first of its kind built into a DAS solution. It assures that the equipment is working when its most needed. When an module within the equipment stops working, its designed to internally reroute the signal to a stand-by module and sends an alert out that lets others know that the system has switched one card to a backup. Meanwhile, the system keeps working, the customer is satisfied and the public is protected. This feature is a first of its kind.
- Flexibility – Public Safety radio channels are a challenge. They span 5 bands, are different on every job and the combination of bands and frequencies is unpredictable. The SAFE-1000 fiber DAS gives you the flexibility you need to configure a custom system with standard parts. Need four 800, three 700 and 2 VHF channels – done. Plug in your cards. Need one additional channel on a newly introduced band – add another hot-swap card. Its that simple.
- Affordability – It would seam all these features add to the cost of a DAS. In fact the hot swap card system is a ground-breaking low-cost design that reduces not just the capital cost of the equipment, but reduces long-term operating costs, Because the SAFE-1000 DAS has built-in redundancy and minimizes single point of failures, occasional issues that may come up with the equipment are automatically recovered so the system continues to provide uninterrupted life-safety coverage. That means no unscheduled or late night service calls. You can attend to the unit on a more cost effective schedule. You save money, the client saves money and the public remains protected.
Targeting the enterprise/commercial in-building NFPA DAS market, this ground breaking solution includes the following features:
- 5 bands in one box, 1 waƩ per band (VHF, UHF, 700, 800 & 900 MHz) *
- Opto-Channelized™ design
- Smallest Fiber OpƟc DAS – 10 x 12 x 6 inches
- Lowest DC Power Fiber OpƟc DAS – < 50 waƩs avg.
- Modular hot swap cards
- Star or Linear ﬁber topology
- N to 1 Channel Card Redundancy
- Software Deﬁned (SDR) Spectrum Analyzer
- Integrated Distributed Sensors – DASS™ **
- Personnel Tracking
- CBRNE Sensors
- On-Site Mapping Software
- Notification/ Escalation/Logging
go to www.safe-comwireless.com or call 202-780-SAFE (7233)
* Within the limits of duplexing requirements
** DASS™ – Distributed Antenna and Sensor System